Saturday, October 4, 2008

Rain Rain, Don't Go Away

When I was up with Jason at 2:30 this morning I was thrilled to hear the rain pouring outside. It has officially been fall for awhile now, but sure hasn't felt like it. I am ready to get out what little fall decor I have (I have to admit I still have a red, white and blue welcome sign on my front door), not run the air conditioning anymore, cute jeans and sweater outfits, getting dark earlier, and much more. When the weather is nice outside I almost feel guilty if we don't go outside and enjoy it. With this colder, rainy weather we can sit inside and relax and I feel okay with it. (that sure does sound like an excuse to be lazy... ha)
Now that Josh is older and loves playing outside, I noticed this afternoon that the rainy weather might become more of a challenge than I anticipated. By 4pm he was bouncing off the walls. As soon as we got on shoes to go outside it started sprinkling and getting cold. Looks like mommy needs to brainstorm some more fun indoor activities for days like this... or put on the rain gear and go have some fun!

2 comments:

Aron said...

i love the fall but rain + short days is not the best for running :) the cooler temps are AMAZING though... so over the heat!

hope you had a great weekend :)

Anonymous said...

lol - I love rain... but me and the kids don't get out much anyway... I hope that will change soon even with the weather change since we are moving!