Friday, October 10, 2008

Need...More...Sleep

We all know that having a new baby equals minimal sleep, but add a new baby to already having a toddler and that equals NO sleep. I did Babywise with Josh and followed it to a T!! As a result, he was sleeping through the night at 7 weeks and is an amazing sleeper to this day. I have been doing Babywise with Jason as well, yet it is not as easy to precisely follow it like I was able to with Josh. All this to say... my little Jason does have nights where he sleeps, but he also has nights where he is up quite a few times. Myself, him and the rocking chair have formed quite the bond.
I always hear moms saying (I tell others too) sleep when the kids are sleeping. That sounds like a good plan, but when do all the chores get done??? My boys don't always take naps at the same time. Usually, I get one down for a nap and seconds later the other wakes up. The rare occasion that they both sleep is prime time for laundry, cleaning, bills, emails and maybe even some blogging. =)
I know there will be a day when my boys are teens and all they'll want to do is sleep. Then I'll probably be saying that I wished they were babies again and needed me in the middle of the night.

2 comments:

Denise D. West said...

What is Babywise?

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am totally sleep deprived! (with an almost 4 year old, a 2 year old and a 9 month old)... the 4 year old was throwing up last night too!!!