Well... last week completely out of the blue and not prompted whatsoever Josh prayed with me and asked Jesus to come live in his heart. It was so awesome and I was(and still am) so thankful that the Lord allowed me to be the one to do that with him.
Here is what happened....
Josh has been helping me pack pretty much every day. This particular evening we were packing up some picture frames with family pictures in them. We came across a picture of Mike's Poppy(his great grandpa) and Mike. Josh started asking questions about it. "Why is that Daddy's Poppy?" "Where is he now?" What is he doing in Heaven?" "How did he get to Heaven?"
So I just answered his questions honestly without going too much into death. Mike's Poppy passed away right before we found out we were pregnant with Jason, so he got to meet Josh and spend some time with his great great grandson which was pretty awesome!
![]() |
| Newborn baby Josh meeting Poppy for the first time |
![]() |
| 5 generations |
We prayed together and talked more about what he was doing. He was so giddy and excited afterward. And I am sure Poppy was a dancing fool up in heaven when it happened. The man loved to dance and did every weekend. He was a funny, sweet, a young at heart man who I am so blessed to have been able to spend a good 7 years getting to know. He always had a thing for blondes, which he would always make me aware of. We had a real fun relationship with lots of joking and laughter.
It was so special how the Lord took a random time of Josh and I packing, a picture of his daddy with Poppy and He gave just the right answers to a curious 5 yr old's questions to make such a special moment I will always cherish.



1 comment:
What an amazing moment to part of, epecially as his mom. I can imagine that is probably about the best feeling ever. Celebrating with you :)
Post a Comment