Friday, August 19, 2011

Back to School Night

I am still alive... barely. With me going back to teaching full time and school also starting for Josh and Jason things are bit crazy here. Good crazy though!

This is the first time all week I have sat down to update myself on the internet world. It is amazing what you miss after a week of no facebook or reading friend's blogs. I have a feeling there won't be much facebooking, personal emailing or blogging during the week anymore. Don't take it personally, friends, with my lack of comments.

Anyways, I could go on and on about our week, but I will skip to a fun night.

Last night was Back to School Night at Josh's school and where I teach. It was a long 12 hour work day for me, but all worth it to see the excitement on this little guys' face.
He has already made friends and is so excited for Monday. I was also happy to get to play the "Mommy" role for a bit last night and take a break from the "Teacher" role that I had been the whole day. Kinder was at 6:15pm and my 3rd grade Back to School Night didn't start until 7:00pm. It was nice to get to be with him for that. I am totally bummed about his first day of school though. Parents get to come with them in the morning, but I have to be with my 3rd graders. Mike gets to take Josh to school and do all the fun first day of Kindergarten activities. Maybe it is better that way, Mike won't cry and I totally would be a mess.

Jason also starts part time preschool on Monday. He is super excited too, but I don't think he really knows what he is in for. He is just excited to show everyone his new Super Mario Brothers lunch box.

Hopefully, my next post will be lots of great news about the first week of school for all of us.  

No comments: