Tuesday, December 8, 2009

We're Still at It...

Josh and I are still enjoying doing preschool at home. We are already in our 4th month and I realized I haven't updated since Week 3 and Week 5.

He is definitely a smarty pants and amazes me with how fast he learns (when he stays focused). He is SUCH an active boy, so it is often of a challenge to keep his focus when introducing something new. He seems to always recall what I've taught him though.

This week we are focusing on the letter I and number 13. Of course with it being Christmas we have been doing lots of fun Christmas crafts and learning about the story of Jesus' birth.

Now that Josh knows all the letters in his name, we have been working on writing it. He does really well. His J is backwards and he makes a person out of his O every time, but I can still tell he is writing JOSH.

There is one item that has really helped with letter recognition, sounds and even writing. It's the VTech letter pad...
If would recommend this for any preschool aged kid. It would be a great Christmas gift!

2 comments:

TASS said...

Nice! Gianna's getting a Leapster version for Christmas. I went a bit overboard with presents since I got such great deals! And they're educational, so they're not REALLY toys...right? You should come up one day so we can do holiday crafts!

nannie said...

so proud you are such a good mommy love ya