I found this in Parenting Magazine Nov 2008 issue. Story of my life!! I have to say my spouse is not grouchy... hungry though!
In the messy green family room there was a telemarketer ringing the telephone and a crying toddler because his brother just popped his red balloon and a picture of the cow jumping over the moon (which someone colored on with permanent marker) And there was a missing teddy bear, and a boy with gum in his hair
One to be scolded and laundry to be folded and a very hungry spouse and something stinky in the house (that no one else seemed to smell) and a comb and a brush and a colicky baby who just won't shush and a frazzled mommy screaming #*%#@
Goodnight messy room goodnight scribbled on moon goodnight telemarketers and the popped balloon goodnight long gone teddy bear goodnight cereal bar smeared on the dining room chair
Goodnight spitup and goodnight leaky sippy cup goodnight much too little house and goodnight grumpy spouse goodnight comb goodnight brush and goodnight to a certain 2 year old who just needs to hush right now and I mean it
Goodnight Elmo goodnight toys I'll pick up tomorrow, or the next day Hello chardonnay and TiVo, "me" time finally
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago

2 comments:
Okay that's just brilliant...I just got my issue and haven't even cracked it open yet - sometimes I love that mag and sometimes I hate it :)
That's funny...we should all come up with our own version and post it on our blog.
Post a Comment