It wasn't until recently that I got on Pinterest for the first time. For a long time I would see people put stuff on facebook from Pinterest or hear people talk about it and had no clue what it even was. I still am clueless about the whole "pinning" part of it all.
With planning my sister's Bridal Shower and wedding I may have become slightly obsessed. I don't have an account (yet), I just search the site for all kinds of awesome ideas.
Now that I have a ton of great ideas for shower and wedding I have been searching for ideas for my classroom. Pinterest has remained faithful to me and I have a classroom project to-do list to complete this summer. The home projects will soon follow I am sure.
For those of you who like cute, inexpensive and easy to make crafts here are some I am working on that I thought I would share.
photos taken from www.pinterest.com
 |
| These are cans wrapped in scrapbook paper with adhesive spray. I already finished this project and it was really easy and turned out way cute. |
 |
| Silver serving platters with chalkboard paint. I got the platters from the dollar store. |
 |
| I am working on these for my classroom. They will be used on a bulletin board to display students' work. Love it! |
 |
| I can't stand when students hand in completed work with no name. I want to make something like this to hang in my classroom. If they don't claim their work by the end of the day/week(not sure yet) then they get a big fat zero. I bet after the first month of school they will remember their name. |
 |
| This is on my to do list for next week for a family member's birthday gift. Print out wallet size photos on computer paper, decoupage to pot, tie ribbon, put in flower and done. |
 |
| I haven't started this yet, but would love to make this for the boys. I would need to find non girly ribbon though. |
 |
| I just think this would be a cute gift idea and may be doing this for a few Christmas presents. It is a cookie sheet with fabric, ribbon and magnets. You could even use chalkboard paint on it. So easy and really cute. |
 |
This is just genius. It's covered in scrapbook paper with decoupage. Light switch and outlet covers are expensive. I have bought them many times and could have done this all along.
For any of you crafters out there... starting Sunday, Michael's is having some great sales! I have my list and coupons already ready.
This is how excited I am!
|
1 comment:
Love your crafty self, April! I am getting back to my crafty and sewing self these days and loving it! It is so important for you to have hobbies of your own and this is awesome when they are gifts and/or useful as well! Suggestion for the not girly ribbon...try rope :) Love reading your blog and following your family as it grows! Hugs to you sweetie!
Post a Comment