Josh is starting to really enjoy some of the Disney Pixar movies. His favorite is definitely Cars. Lately, we've been letting him watch some other ones like Nemo, Monsters Inc., Toy Story 1 and 2 and the newest Ratatouille. It looks like we have to start screening rated G movies before we can let our boys watch them. I thought I could trust good 'ol Disney and assumed they would have appropriate movies for preschool aged kids. I WAS WRONG.... especially with Ratatouille!
We've heard this movie was really cute, but had never seen it. Mike and Josh sat down last night to watch it. I was in and out of the room doing my own thing. Every time I walked past the living room I would hear an inappropriate word. (now when I say inappropriate, I mean for our house and our kids) I heard stupid and shut up numerous times, idiot and even hell. These words are even in some of the other Disney Pixar movies, but for some reason it was a lot more in Ratatouille. Call me crazy, but I don't want my 2 1/2 year old repeating those words.
Don't get me wrong, these movies are cute and entertaining for kids, but not yet for my little guy. I would have to say Cars is the one that we will stick to.
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago

3 comments:
I'm so glad we chatted last night about this! And I'm so glad I'm not the only crazy mommy that is super protective of what her kid watches. Just because the label says "Disney" doesn't mean family friendly!
Do you want a new background on your page? Lemme know! And I can switch out header pics if you want too....
Disney has ALL sorts of magic and spells in it, so we haven't really let Gianna watch them. No princess videos in this house (but's that's my rule)...Lee watched Kung Fu Panda with Gianna and that was a mistake too...a lot of CHinese superstition which I didn't think was so horrible since I grew up with it all. Gianna really likes Wall-E and it's pretty good since there's minimal talking...minimal no-no words.
Even now, but for sure when my girls were toddlers and preschool age I would try to see a movie (even G or PG rated) before I let the girls see it. Especially Disney.....they also seem to have a lot of killing or death in their movies.
If I didn't get a chance to see the movie first and there was something in the movie I wasn't okay with them seeing it became an education moment and we talked about it. Even at 2 1/2 years old you can talk to your kids and explain why they should say something or do something.
You're not alone.
Post a Comment