Monday, June 3, 2013

Summer Lovin'

We made it, it's officially summer! Let the sleeping in, staying up late, beach days, camping, fishing and dirt bike riding fun begin!

Today the boys and I spent the day in Monterey. We hit up the Monterey Bay Aquarium first before it got too busy and while it was still chilly and foggy at the beach. Around lunch time we headed to our favorite beach spot, which was completely empty. We had the whole beach to ourselves for about an hour until only 2 more families showed up. We played and played, got some ice cream and headed home. Definitely a fun day and the perfect way to start our summer.



Yes, they are in their swim suits. Isn't that what you do in the summer? Wear your swim trunks every where you go. I was even wearing mine underneath my clothes.

One time I should post all the pics we have in this clam. They go back to the first year Mike and I started dating in 2000.




If you are familiar with the Monterey Bay Aquarium, this new jellyfish exhibit is awesome. It is a must see!


It was a little cloudy and then turned into perfect beach weather.



The boys were blessed with quite the loot for their birthdays. The big 5 and 7 were last week. They couldn't decide what to do with their birthday money. They had lots of silly ideas. One being a Nintendo DS. Hubby and I weren't fans of that choice. Not judging if your kids have one... we just don't want the boys inside glued to video game. I insisted on their savings accounts....boring... and Daddy gave lots of fun outdoor toy ideas. All on their own the boys came up with the brilliant idea of Aquarium passes. We thought it was a great idea. They now have a membership there for the next 13 months! We already go to Monterey a lot, but now we can do an Aquarium pit stop whenever we want. Good choice, boys! Pretty sure we will be back this week for more summer fun.

1 comment:

Shebecomes said...

Okay, your pics are making me feel sentimental...and old. So many fun times we've had there...so many years ago! I can't believe how big the boys are and I hate that I miss so much of their growing up :( As soon as I'm done with school a visit will be on the top of my priority list!