Monday, November 14, 2011

Keepin' it Real

I love my blog. I love updating all the cute pictures of my boys and the fun things our family does together. Since all my family lives out of the area, it is an awesome way to keep everyone updated. Now that I am working, this blog definitely gets neglected.

As I sit here writing this post, I have every intention of uploading the latest pics of the boys but it's not gonna happen. It's already 8:00pm and I have a to-do list a mile long of things I need to do before I go to bed. So why the heck am I blogging? I don't know.... guess it's a way to vent. My hubby works nights, so no one if here for me to let it all out to.

Overwhelmed doesn't quite do justice to how I feel tonight. I feel like I had the never ending day, but it was just a typical day for me. Alarm goes off at 5am, I press snooze once because if I press it twice I will run late and hit traffic, get myself ready, wake up boys no later than 6:15am, get boys ready, thank God again for giving me boys because there is no way I could get girls ready this quick, grab bagels to eat in the car because we are running late, leave house no later than 6:40am, drive almost 45 minutes to Jason's school, give lots of kisses, drive down the street to me and Josh's school, teach 25 crazy yet awesome 3rd graders, spy on Josh in class about 4 times in the day, leave school the second I can unless Josh has after school sports or I have a teacher meeting then we are all thrown off and home super late, go pick up Jason, give him lots more kisses, drive almost 45 minutes home, find something to occupy Jason so I can help Josh with homework, keep boys from fighting so I can make dinner, eat dinner, no time to clean it up because the bed time clock is ticking, bath #1, bath #2, pick out boys' clothes for the morning, try to play together for a bit, read books, call daddy to say goodnight, lights out no later than 7:30pm. Now my chores begin... clean up dinner, pack lunches, re pack backpacks, iron my clothes for the morning, grade papers, do any other chore needed to be done around the house, try to sneak in a 30 minute show on my dvr, fall asleep 10 minutes into my show cause I am exhausted, try to go to bed by 10:30pm to do it all over again.

So if you are even still reading this post.... thanks.... I have no clue how venting about my crazy days makes me feel better but it does. Life is nuts and I question if going from my role as a stay at home mom to a full time, most of the time single mom was a good choice. Then I kick myself in the booty and say, "Duh!" I know for a fact that this is the Lord's plan for me and our family. Sometimes, on nights like this where I wish my husband was home and I didn't have a million things that had to get done tonight, a parent/teacher conference at 7:45 in the morning and Jason's Back to School Night tomorrow which is going to make for a very long day and late night I just need that reminder.

Thanks for listening... off to pack lunches.  

3 comments:

T said...

I'm here for you. Always here to listen! Maybe we can get the kids together for a playdate one Sat. or Sun. Even if it's just an hour. :-)

Lisa said...

I hear ya. on all of it. and i'm at home all day but there's still not enough hours in the day, i still don't get to hang out with the husband much. there's this monster called homeschooling, and his cousin, housework, and their uncle, discipline, who eat all my time. mostly homeschool and discipline. housework isn't very hungry.

Serenity Now said...

holy moses...I am no longer going to EVER complain about driving from Nipomo to Shell Beach for Adam's school. You are one busy mama! Hang in there girl - this is what you should call "the season of your life". Hugs!