Sunday, September 18, 2011

Tomato or Tomatoe

Ever since that whole controversy years back with a president (or was it a vice president) spelling tomato wrong I never know how to spell it. So, I will stick with tomato for this post just because it looks weird to have toe in it. Feel free to leave a comment (especially my English teacher friends) on what in the world the right spelling is.

Anyways, tomato/tomatoe we have a ton! Our new house came with 3 different tomato vines. We thought for sure our dog, Roxy would destroy them or my green thumb would. Our dog hasn't touched them and either have I and we get a ton weekly. Here was our batch from last week and I didn't even pick all that I could have.

We don't really eat tomatos. I keep a few of the romas for pasta meals, but we give them all away. We pick at least this much a week. It kind of makes me want to plant more things in that little garden area we have.

We hardly ever take the boys to the movie theatre. Mainly because there is hardly ever appropriate movies showing for a 5 and 3 year old. With Lion King back out in 3D I though it would be fun for them to go see it. They had never even heard of the movie. I took the boys on Saturday when Daddy was at work.


I totally forgot how scary that movie is. There is a lot of fighting and killing and words like stupid, idiot and shut up. Luckily, my boys don't get scared very easily so none of that bothered them. They didn't come home repeating any of those words either just farting noises like Pumba makes....  Still a fun date with my boys.

So, cute movie and the 3D is pretty cool. But if you know your kid gets scared really easy at dark, violent scenes I probably wouldn't pay the gazillion dollars movies in 3D now cost to go. I noticed a few families walk out during the part when Scar kills Mufasa.

Don't forget the hidden message in the leaves that blow in the wind. If you don't know you've gotta google or Utube it.

Off to get ready for another busy week. Josh is now doing sports clinics after school. It is an awesome program his school does that is put on by the Varsity players and coaches from the high school. Josh will be doing baseball, basketball, soccer and football through out the school year. They put on a pretty neat clinic with a great spiritual message at the end of each session. He loves it and boy does he (and I) come home pooped on those days. Here he is after baseball last week. After a full day of school and baseball from 3:15-5:00pm he was out on the ride home.

Have a great week!

PS... my spell check just told me both tomato and tomatoe were wrong.... now I am really confused. ;)

3 comments:

Shebecomes said...

I believe it is tomato if it is singular, and tomatoes when it is plural, but I am not completely sure. Whatever it is, they are beautiful! I love tomatoes...maybe I need to take a drive there and pick some :)

Lisa said...

your spell check is a liar, tomato is correct, you add the 'e' when it's plural. :) and i would love to have tomatoes in abundance! my kids eat them like apples :) miss you friend!

TASS said...

Dan Quayle spelled "potatoe"