...you know you are singing the song, feel free to do the little dance too.
I survived being a single mama for 8 days. I had a little break last night when Mike got home. I even got to sleep in this morning, but now Mike is back at work for a couple days. While I was juggling work, the kids, school, everything at home my hubby was in Mexico juggling tuna.
Mike went to the fishing town of Los Barilles with 7 of his friends and enjoyed a week of deep sea fishing. He came home with lots of crazy stories of trying to reel in these huge fish. This one in the picture of him and his friend was 175 lbs, 6ft. 2 in. and it took Sjon 2.5 hours to reel in. I am glad he had such a great time. I might be a little jealous he was also enjoying this while I was definitely not at home relaxing.
The boys did better than I expected with Daddy being away for so long. Now I may have had a breakdown Friday night after a million things went wrong that day, but I survived. I have to say that I don't know how single working parents do it. I am alone 4 nights out of the week with the boys, but I always have those nights that Mike are off to look forward to. Most single parents don't have that to look forward to.
Josh is doing amazing in Kindergarten. Just over the last two weeks I have seen him mature so much. One day last week I took my class outside to take some pictures. As we were walking back to class, Josh's class was walking by. He is so cute! I get to see him lots during the day and I love that.
Jason is having a little harder time adjusting. He has good days and not so good days. I pray he gets the routine down quick because it kills me to hear he didn't have a good day when I pick him up.
This 3 day weekend was great! We didn't do much. We just played and relaxed and I think it was just what the boys and I needed. Now off to bed early because my 5am wake up call comes way too early.
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago

1 comment:
Hey, I think this means Mike owes you a girl's weekened! We could have a Friends marathon, eat icecream at midnight, and pretend like we are not old ladies :)
Post a Comment