Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wedding Weekend Getaway

We enjoyed another wonderful wedding of one of Mike's best friends, Anthony. Anthony and Maira got married in San Diego on Saturday and it was beautiful. Mike is totally the guy version of that move 27 Dresses this summer.

We drove to San Diego and it took almost 9 hours to get there thanks to traffic. The trip home was much much better and we got home in under 8.

Mike's parents met us there, so while Mike was off doing all of his bachelor parties groomsmen duties his parents, the boys and I had some fun.

First we saw these crazy people in trash bags walking down the street followed by a film crew. I have no clue what they were doing, but it was just plain weird.
 


We went to an awesome children's museum.

Josh took a Superhero class and made his own costume



We lounged by the pool, which felt like a resort in Hawaii.

Josh and Grandpa




We went to the rehearsal dinner, which was Hawaiian themed.

Josh is wearing Mike's shirt that he got in Hawaii when he was Josh's age. Jason wore his Uncle Nate's shirt.
 We walked around Seaport Village and rode the carousel. 


The boys got a machine gun(of course) balloon and a Mario balloon.


We enjoyed a beautiful wedding of one stunning bride and handsome groom.



This is the first time I have ever seen my husband wear pink in his life.



This one's funny because everyone is looking at a different camera




Josh owned the dance floor


What a fun wedding weekend getaway. Next wedding is less than two weeks.... quite the summer of wedding for us. 

Now we are home and I have started my trial run of what's to come of my new life as a full time working mommy. I have a week and half Philosophy course I am taking each day for a requirement to renew my ACSI teaching credential. It brings me right back to Dr. Slane's theology class. If anyone reading this went to Simpson with me you know exactly what I mean.... remember Dietrich Bonhoeffer?

No comments: