I was so blind, like can't see your face in the mirror or your alarm clock right next to your head blind. Not anymore!!! I can see!! I now even have better than 20/20vision.
I had Lasik on Friday. That whole procedure could be another post in itself about how crazy it was or how I almost had a nervous breakdown when they pried my eyelids open. I will spare the gory details and pics, but Mike did take lots of pics if anyone wants to see. I followed doctors orders and thanks to a nice little sleeping pill (and my amazing husband for taking awesome care of the boys and I) I slept for the rest of the day and night. The best way to heal after Lasik is to keep your eyes closed for a minimum of 8 hours after surgery. (I was not going to argue with that much uninterrupted alone time) So I didn't really get to try out my new eyes until yesterday.
It is a miracle! Everything is so crystal clear, even better than when I would wear my glasses or contacts. I keep looking for my glasses or go to push them up on my nose and they aren't there.
Josh and I taking one last pic with my glasses on Friday.
Getting prepped
Getting lasered
It's all done and I can see! I even get to wear these super hot eye shields for a couple more days...

3 comments:
Oh wow, congratulations!!! I'm lucky enough to have great vision -but hubs has always considered lasik. I would be scared silly to have anyone do surgery on my EYES, so kudos to you for being brave. That's so awesome!
I am so happy for you...but I am a little jealous. I am getting blinder by the minute.
I'm totally jealous. More and more people are doing this now; I guess it's more affordable than it was? I would totally freak out about being awake with my eyes pried open, though. I don't know if I could do it!
Post a Comment