My boys have colds...again. Nothing major, just stuffy/runny noses. Once again, I know exactly where they got it from... the gym.
I absolutely love going to the gym. It's my only "me" time. Most of the time I leave the boys home with Daddy when I go, but there are times when he's not home and I have one of my classes or I'm just itching for some of that "me" time. The boys do enjoy playing with the cool toys and with the other kids.
Last week, the boys just really wanted to go with me to the gym and play in their class. So, I took them every day last week and sure enough... they have colds.
This happens every time. They can go with me once or a few days in a row and a couple days later they are sick. Their little classroom appears to be clean and the nice teacher always reassures me that she sanitizes every day. But there has got to be germs lurking all over that place and snotty kids.
I can't be a germaphobe and I can't isolate my kids, but it is really getting old. Now I don't know if I should just continue to take them or only go workout when Daddy is home so they can stay home with him.
I know... it's silly, but I'm a little torn on what to do.
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago

4 comments:
Hmmm, I can relate - I just started Adam at a daycare on Fridays and I'm NOT looking forward to the germs passed on by other kids! I'm sure even if her place is clean and sanitized, it's other kids they are catching stuff from. Kids can be little disease balls it seems!
I wish I had some sound advice for you, but I have no idea - I would feel torn too :)
forget "me" time at the gym and make it at a local bakery, ice cream shop, or candy store :) delicious for you...healthy for them!
I think you should keep taking them occasionally....its good for them to build up their immunity. They'll go through catching every cold sometime...may as well be now instead of when they start school. Its like the teacher's first year of teaching when you get sick all the time. It sucks for a while, but it won't last forever, and it will probably be better in the long run.
I am such a germaphobe too. Joel makes fun of me all the time. But often times when I think back to what Peter was doing 2 days earlier it's usually that trip with daddy to Walmart when he forgot to sanitize the cart or when I took him to the mall and he played on the gym....and then I'm stuck at home for at least 3 days with a fussy runny nosed toddler! What to do, what to do! :) I carry purell with me EVERYWHERE!
Post a Comment