Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Culprit

Our boys have nasty colds. The stuffy, runny nose, horrible cough, congested cold. I am convinced that this is where they caught their colds from...


On Monday, we made a quick trip to Safeway to get a couple things. Outside of the store were two of these car shopping carts. Josh always asks me to ride in one whenever he sees them. I am such a mean Mommy and always say no. The germs on those things just scream swine flu.
Well, for some odd reason I gave in and let the boys ride in the car while I shopped. They absolutely loved it and I was able to acomplish and peaceful and quick shopping trip.

Here we are, a couple days later and I totally regret letting them ride in that dirty car. If you let your kids ride in those or even don't use shopping cart covers... please don't think I am judging or think you are a bad parent. I am just a little germaphobic with that kind of stuff.

You're probably thinking there were a million different place they could have caught their colds from. I know......... but as soon as I strapped them into that car I knew it was sickness just waiting to happen.

With all that said... we took our stuffed up, coughing kids to the Discovery Museum today where they were surrounded by a ton of other kids. Just what they need to get better, huh?! Oh, but they had a blast!!




1 comment:

T said...

I agree. Your boys probably did get their colds from those cute car shopping carts. My girls loved them too. I would wipe the cart down with a baby wipe first. Still do. Then when we get back into the car....all hands get washed with a baby wipe. It has totally helped.

Glad you had fun at the Discovery Museum. You know what they say...to get rid of a cold you need to give it to someone else. :) The boys should be feeling better now. : )