Saturday, October 10, 2009

Columbus Day Weekend Memories


Every October when Columbus Day weekend rolls around, I can't help to think back to that same weekend my freshman year in college. We had the Friday before and Monday after off, which always made for a nice little break.
Mike and I met the first day of college and instantly became buds. We were so excited to get a four day weekend that he suggested we hop in his van (his pimp ride) with some friends and head to his house in San Jose. My friend and I hurried back to our dorm rooms, packed our bags and we were on the road within about an hour of his suggestion.
We had so much fun seeing the bay area sites and chillin at the beach. The same beach that he propsed to me at 3 years later. I have to say that this is truly when I started falling for him.
After that weekend, our buddy status turned into best friends and not too long after we were officially boyfriend and girlfriend. Every Columbus weeked after while we were in college we spent our break in San Jose.
Little did I know that Columbus Day Weekend in 2000, that I'd be marrying this handsome guy and taking our kids to those same places he took me!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

that's such an old picture!! so funny! I have such strong columbus weekend memories too, fun college road trips, getting into trouble, getting out of trouble....so funny how the same weekend for four years made so many memories!

Bridget said...

I know you said you got one of the animal costumes. I sent both out. I was just checking to see if they both came. I had some girls that didn't get their prizes. I sent everything out before we moved almost 2wks ago. Let me know. Thanks:)