Sunday, August 16, 2009

Mrs. Katherman is Back

This used to be such a crazy time for me a few years ago when I was still teaching 3rd grade. Prepping for a new school year is a lot of work. The week prior to the first day of school was always so crazy with getting the classroom ready, learning new curriculum, preparing lesson plans, making lots and lots of copies, going to lots of meetings, getting all the materials ready for each new student, etc... the list never ends.
I am absolutely positive that we made the right decision for me to take a break from teaching full time to be home with the boys. But this time every year a small part of me misses teaching and the crazy stressful excitement of getting ready for a new school year.
Well... God knows me all too well and I am experiencing some major de ja vu!

I was asked to take on the children's ministry at our church. After praying about it I felt God telling me, "Duh, April!" This is completely up my alley.

So, that crazy stressful excitement of getting ready for another school year is back. I spent the afternoon in the classrooms at church and my evening at Target filling my cart with school supplies. My kitchen table in overflowing with curriculum and my to do list is getting longer.

On top of getting everything ready for church, I am starting a home school preschool curriculum with Josh tomorrow. My teacher mode is turned on and in high gear!

3 comments:

Shebecomes said...

Wow April, I am really excited. I think this will be a fun new adventure for you :)

T said...

It all sounds great. Good for you!

Lisa said...

Did you ever read the book "Miss Viola is Back"? (or something like that?) about the mean sub in an elementary classroom? Your title reminded me of this....can't wait to hear how things go with Josh today!! Hey, what curriculum did you end up getting??