Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Only Me

Let me just tell something funny (wasn't funny then) that happened this morning...
Josh had a class at the gymnastics place in town, so I actually needed to get showered and ready by a decent time this morning. I had both kids content playing in the living room, so I thought it was the perfect time do make a mad dash for my room and take my 2 minute shower.

I turned on the shower and heard a weird noise. The shower head came flying out of the wall and water was bursting from the pipe. Since I am such a great plumber, I just put the pipe back in the wall and tried again... bad idea. The clock was ticking, so I just got my stuff and went into the boy's bathroom.

I turned on the shower and heard a weird noise. This shower head didn't fly off, but water was spraying every direction and me and the whole bathroom were soaked. Then I had a mini heart attack and just pictured two completely gutted out bathrooms and us living with my inlaws.

Thank goodness my handy husband had the day off today. After Josh's class, which was super fun, we headed to Ace and picked up what we (or Mike) needed to fix the showers. After a while and lots of muddy footprints in both showers, my handy husband fixed the problem. Now we just pray that he really fixed it and didn't just "jimmy rig" it and the wall doesn't blow out next time we turn on the shower.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That's hilarious!!! I'm totally picturing the scene from goonies when the mean kid's in that bathroom at the tennis club and the toilets and showers explode. Awesome!

T said...

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much. I really needed that laugh (I just finished paying bills-yuck). Although, like you said, I'm sure it was NOT funny at the time.

Reminds me of when the guys first started "school" and I wasn't able to call my husband. I went to take a shower and the handle came off in my hand and the hot water was on and I couldn't turn it off. I couldn't make it cold either. I called a friend and as I was talking with him (he was telling me what do do over the phone) I realized the hot water was on and at some point the water in the hot water tank might be empty....then what? I panicked. The plumber talked me through the entire process on how to turn off the hot water heater until they could get to my house to fix everything. Seems like I had to turn off the water to the house too. Can't remember. Just remember being very stressed with a 3 and 4 year old at home and not being able to get ahold of my husband.

That was truly the hardest time (when they were in school).

Shebecomes said...

Did he use zip ties? :)