*In the midst of yesterday's tragedy in Connecticut it's hard to have the Christmas Spirit right now. I heard of what happened from my husband when I looked at a text I got from him when I sent my students to recess. It just hits way too close to home. Being both a Mommy and a Teacher, I just cannot fathom what these families are going through right now and the staff at that school. They need our prayers, that town needs our prayers and our country needs our prayers!*
We have been having way too much fun celebrating all things Christmas over the past two weeks. Here is an update on our fun...
We finally got our Christmas Tree. According to facebook, we were the last family in the world to get a Christmas tree. And.... the Christmas tree farm we go to is really close to our house. With Mommy and Daddy working complete opposite schedules it makes the family Christmas tree hunt outing pretty impossible. Finally, we got one.
 |
This was the best picture I could get. This picture is the story of my life!
|
We decorated a Gingerbread house. This is a must after we get a tree and decorate it.
We had Josh's Christmas Concert, which is also the Concert for my students as well. Josh's Christmas Concert is for grades K-3rd. It is at a beautiful Theatre downtown. Our school put on another impressive concert.
 |
| Josh in front of the marquee sign that said our school's name |
 |
| My boy and I back stage |
 |
| Amazing! |
Santa came to Daddy's work as he does every year. The boys were so excited, but have come to the conclusion that they are not babies and are too old to sit on his lap. I tried to convince them otherwise. It didn't work. I also love how they tell Santa what they want for Christmas and it is nothing close to what they told me. Yikes.... I had to go get some extra interesting presents this week.
 |
| They are getting way too old |
 |
| Telling Santa what they want for Christmas |
Next, Jason's Christmas Concert... or Pageant as it was called. He was pretty adorable.
 |
| Cutest sheep ever |
 |
| The boy would not stop waving to me |
Mike and I got to have some adult Christmas fun. Each year his work has a Dinner Dance that we got to with our good friends. Each year we have a blast. We look forward to this night away all year. We were totally blessed with an amazing suite that was comped to us. The theme this year was Christmas on the Savannah, a safari theme.
 |
| Grrrrr |
 |
| Our group of great friends who we always have so much fun with |
 |
| The girls |
 |
| Love this guy! |
I told you we were having lots of fun. Winter basketball has officially started also. The boys are playing Upward Basketball through a local church. We love that program. Mike grew up playing, refereeing, coaching and eventually running the program at the church he grew up at. Jason missed the cut off by 2 months. We thought only Josh was going to be able to play. When we showed up to evaluations they said Jason could play as long as we don't mind him being with the Kindergartners. (he is in pre-K) He was thrilled. Since we weren't expecting him to play, poor boy totally wasn't dressed for basketball, but he didn't seem to care.
 |
| All ready to go. I know he needs basketball shoes. Santa took care it. ;) |
 |
| Dribbling around cones |
 |
| He shoots, He scores |
 |
| Jason's turn |
This upcoming week includes Christmas parties at school and finally Christmas break. Yahooooo!!
1 comment:
Love all the pictures :)
Post a Comment