At the end of the day I wonder did I really have to yell at them for that, did I give too many time outs, was that spanking out of anger, did I ignore their pleas for me to play another game of hide and seek, why was I too lazy to let them go outside and ride their bikes for the 6th time today, did I give enough kisses and hugs, would it have killed me to read one more book before bed.... I could beat myself up every day about being a "good enough" mom.
I have had a lot of friends have babies this month and the majority have become first time moms. It doesn't seem too long ago that was me and now I am about to have a 3 and 5 year old. I know... they are still babies, but too me they are growing up way too fast.
I miss toddler Josh and baby Jason
I have looked forward to the day Josh starts Kindergarten and now I desperately don't want it to come. I have longed for Jason to start talking and now he won't stop. There is so much change happening that I just want to freeze time. I love these ages and love my crazy boys so much!!!
I am trying to enjoy every early morning, temper tantrum, sibling fight, dinner table battle, clean up time refusal, spontaneous "I love you", games of hide and seek, couch time cuddles, and bed time kisses. It all goes by too fast.

3 comments:
preach it sister. you are an amazing mom!!! it does just fly by :(
SO well said!
I honestly think the mom's who DON'T constantly question themselves or wonder what they could do better are probably the ones who don't care.
I think all that matters is that overall our kids are happy and that they know they are loved. Also that they know their parents love each other and feel safe and secure in their home.
You are an awesome mom and I don't even "know" you! I can just tell how much you love those boys.
Besides, if you miss the babyness too much, you can always just have another one! hahaha (says the girl with ONE kid)
I have had those same exact thoughts! You said it just as I have thought it. My girls have grown up way too fast as well. Enjoy every moment, good or bad. These kids will have families of their own before we know it.
Post a Comment