The boys have always had separate rooms. Josh has bunk beds in his room and he slept on the bottom bunk. Jason went from a crib to a toddler bed in his room. We recently moved Josh to the top bunk, Jason into Josh's room on the bottom bunk and turned Jason's room into a playroom. It has been awesome! It is so nice to have all their toys confined in one room. The boys love sharing a room, love their bunk beds and I love how easy nap and bedtime is. They still haven't figured out that they can play in there together after we put them to bed, so until that happens I am enjoying easy peasy bedtimes!
Josh will 4 and half in Nov and he has still been taking afternoon naps everyday... until recently. I think I have milked his nap time long enough. Some days he still falls asleep, but most days he gets to have quiet time in the playroom while brother is sleeping. Another reason why I love having a playroom. We also get to do "school" at that time. Here he is enjoying painting solo without a certain little 2 year old trying to stick his fingers all in his masterpiece.
Jason is learning more words and his vocabulary is growing. Slowly, but I love to hear him say new words each day. This week we had a speech therapy session and he came home with cow, dog, cat, teacher and Nike (it was on his shirt). That is huge for him!
Mike has a new hobby. Now if any of you now my husband you know that when he gets a new hobby he goes all out. (Ask me sometime about the rope...) His parents bought him a welder and all the fun stuff that goes with it on his birthday. So this is what he did all day on his 5 days off this week. I am actually really impressed with some of the stuff he has made!
I have a new hobby too. Well when I say hobby, I don't feel the same way as I do when I shop or scrapbook, but I am learning to enjoy it....Running. My friend, Rachel and I are running together and are even doing a 5k. It is fun to have a goal to work toward and doing it with a friend is even better! Even if it is tough, my thighs and booty will thank me... If only I could just stay away from the huge jar of candy corn in our kitchen!

1 comment:
Yay! I am so happy Jason is learning so many new words!
Mikes new hobby scares me a little. That looks about as dangerous as the swords :)
Oh, and good for you and the running thing. I wish I never would've stopped after college. I have tried to start again, but it hasn't worked.
Post a Comment