Sunday, December 2, 2012

Still Here

We are still alive and kickin' over here. Enjoying a very mellow weekend at home while it just pours rain outside. I am so glad I did all my grocery shopping and errands Friday after school. Just the thought of going out in this storm with the kids makes me tired. I am very thankful to have a PJs and hot cocoa filled weekend. We needed it. This is probably our last free weekend until June, no joke... I am not over exaggerating. Basketball starts on Saturday and the season ends up overlapping with baseball by about 2 weeks and then it is straight baseball times two little boys until  June. Should be loads of fun! And that was not sarcastic... really, I love watching my boys play sports.

We just need to get through the next few weeks of school, basketball starting, Christmas performances, Christmas parties, family gatherings and then we can enjoy 2 weeks off for Christmas Break. I can't wait!! A chunk of our break we will be camping like we did over Thanksgiving Break.

We love to camp and basically all things outdoors. We have been tent camping forever. Mike and I both grew up tent camping as well. We have been wanting to get a Toy Hauler (camping trailer where the back opens to park your dirt bike/quads) for a long time but it was never the right timing. Recently, God totally blessed us with a new member to our family. We call her Stealth.


 
 
I could go on forever about our camping trip. The trailer was so nice and we had a blast. We would ride all day, enjoy the campfire at night until we got too cold, then cuddle in the nice warm trailer watching movies. Our Thanksgiving wasn't spent driving to visit family or me in the kitchen cooking all day. Instead, just the 4 of us hanging out and having fun together. We can't wait until we go again in a few weeks.  
 
Josh sure is getting good on his dirt bike. He can now go ride on the trails with Daddy and gets some pretty good speed on the track. He lapped me a couple times!

Jason still prefers his quad for now, but will ride the dirt bike too. We got this quad for Josh's 2nd birthday. It's barely hanging on, but boy have we gotten some great use out if that thing over the years.

Boys are so fun!
Hopefully, I won't take as long to post again. I am sure I will be back with Christmas Concert and Basketball pics and stories to share.

No comments: