
My friend, Carolyn does a post on Mondays entitled, My Walk Monday. I always find it encouraging, so I thought I'd attempt a very simple version.
I have been reading a daily devotional called, My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald Chambers. I received this book from a student a few years ago and I still love reading it.
Here is something I read yesterday that really stuck out... "One of the greatest hindrances in coming to Jesus is the excuse of our own individual temperament. We make our natural desires barriers to coming to Jesus."
I get so "busy" in my everyday routine that I struggle to take a time out and spend it with the Lord. This reminds me of the parable in Luke 18, where Jesus tells the rich ruler to sell everything, give it to the poor and follow him. I think I should be able to something as simple as turn off the computer, the tv or let the dishes wait a little longer so I can spend some time with Jesus.
3 comments:
I love it. I will look forward to your Monday posts.
You are so right. All I need to do is put something aside and spend some time with our Lord. We make it too difficult.
You would love my cousin's blog: http://windshieldrosary.blogspot.com/
And every Sunday, I tell myself I will read the daily devotionals from the Sunday program and instead, I waste most of my free time away. I totally veg.
:) Amen sister - it gets hard, but it's MORE than worth it... we know that don't we? :)
Post a Comment